1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Al Qaeda At It Again

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Sierra Mike, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Goodness...according to MSNBC, al Qaeda has now reopened training camps in Afghanistan, albeit not as large as they were previously.

Still, it's going to be quite the interesting year, especially with American troops well within reach.

Read all about it at Al Qaeda Training Up Again

SM

2. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

These camps will be destroyed rather quickly I think, which leads me to a question.

Is Al Qaida really this stupid or is this just blatant provocation on their part?

Either way I think the end result is a foregone conclusion.

*Boom....your dead*

3. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Interesting read. I expect our government is less than thrilled that these guys are talking to Newsweek...well along with the fact that Al Qaeda is trying to set up shop again in Afghanistan.

4. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Actually, is this just more propoganda on the part of our government, sort of psychologically getting us psyched up for war? Get us thirsty for blood?

5. Pyrion

Pyrion Liquid Metal Nanomorph

I doubt it. They'd just end up with more people thinking "what the HELL are our troops doing over there?!?!".

6. Sierra Mike

Agreed, with both points.

I think al Qaeda is probably keeping these bases "mobile"; small training cadres and such, which can be quickly dispersed.

Just the same, I'll be looking forward to some boom-boom in the 'stan sometime soon. Apaches at three klicks and closing...

SM

7. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Well, this may all be a moot point, as there are new Al Qaeda Develpments. Interesting to see how this one plays out ;)

8. Sierra Mike

Funny! :)

SM