1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Al Franken Assaults Dean Heckler

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Coot, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Oh my <small>giggle</small>. It seems that Major Asshat Franken has set himself up for quite a lawsuit.

While I'm not really big on litigation, in this case, I would gleefully watch Mr. Franken get fleeced in a court of law.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

And people on the left are telling us that the label of "Angry Left" is not appropriate?

Puhlease.

Al Franken is a hack, not funny, and not too bright either.

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Is this typical of the left or what:

Franken said he's not backing Dean but merely wanted to protect the right of people to speak freely.

The hypocrisy escapes them.

4. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Exactly :rolleyes:

5. joseftu

joseftu ORIGINAL Pomp-Dumpster

I don't condone the body-slamming, but Al Franken is hilarious. And extremely bright. (Clever and witty at least). That <i>Lying Liars</i> book (I'm listening to it as I work out in the gym) has me laughing out loud again and again.

6. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Fortunately for Franken, in this great county of ours he will get a fair and balanced hearing. ;)

Brian

7. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

As has been pointed out before, it does not take an high IQ to be an entertainer.

8. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

No more than it is typical of the right...

9. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

I wasn't sure who you people were talking about, then I realized you meant Stuart Smalley (who is this Frankin character?).

10. joseftu

joseftu ORIGINAL Pomp-Dumpster

Exactly! That Stuart Smalley bit was extremely funny--and spot-on accurate as satire. It got played into the ground, like everything on SNL, but whether you like his politics or not, Franken is a funny guy.

I'll grant, though, that what some find funny, others won't. It's just opinion.

But have you seen Franken's satire (for MicroSoft) of the "Ken Burns" style of historical documentary? Now that's funny!