1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ah, Those Wacky Connecticut Liberal Teachers...

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by Sierra Mike, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

2. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

You know, I'd really like it if people in our political dialogue would STOP FUCKING SPEAKING FOR THEIR OPPONENTS.

It's become the standard method of liberal attack, to simply start saying what Republicans want, Republicans want black people to not vote, and hispanics to not vote, and Republicans want to go back to 1855, and Republicans want this and that and colleges to shut down, and want poor people to starve, and want all welfare cut off, and Republicans do all this horrible shit and they kill babies with bombs and they want to invade your vagina.

How about letting Republicans express what they want, as opposed to actually speaking for them? How about actually engaging a Republican and asking what they want, and WHY they think that is the best formula for our nation? How about actually listening to the answer, and TRYING to understand that point of view?

Because as it is right now, I really have a hard time even engaging a liberal in a discussion, because I know as soon as I hit them with facts, here's the WHY behind what I think we need to do, here come the ad hominem or straw man attacks, without basis, without reason, and it's all a bunch of bullshit.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014