1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After six months if legalized pot in Denver...

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Jul 2, 2014.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

2. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Love it!

3. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

And the IRS will most likely doom all businesses.

This Court Ruling Has the Potential to Crush the Marijuana Industry | Fox Business

And if the Ninth Circuit Court rules this way, I don't see any other court ruling otherwise.

4. Greg

Greg Full Member

I'd like to see statistics on marijuana DUI arrests. I just saw in the last 1-2 days that a commercial marijuana breathalyzer is ready to go on the market, which should allow police officers to test drivers for possible marijuana DUI.

I don't understand why anybody would expect crime to go up as a result of legalization of pot, except DUI arrests. This isn't the '30s with their scare movies. People who smoke pot and don't drive mostly laugh a lot and get the munchies, and sometimes have great sex! (Gah, that's the part I miss the most!)

I still think legalization is a mistake but the same could be said of alcohol or tobacco. I am sure some people will experience clinical depression as a side effect. However, nobody has to smoke it. That's cool.

I applaud the move to take it off the schedule. That's just friggin' ridiculous to have it on the same schedule as heroin and cocaine. Somebody should tell the IRS to get a brain. I nominate Obama and the liberals to send the message to the IRS: treat them like any other business if they are doing business in a state with legalized marijuana whether medical or recreational.

Nobody belongs in jail over this unless they are driving DUI pot, or selling commercial quantities in jurisdictions where pot is not legal (or selling commercial quantities in legalized jurisdictions but not in compliance with the laws).

Of the problems that America faces this has to be near the bottom of the top 100 list. Maybe not even on the list.

5. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old school Conservative

IIRC, isn't the Ninth Circuit the one that is overturned the most by SCOTUS?

6. Greg

Greg Full Member

I hope not. They ruled last year (?) that counties in their jurisdiction (San Diego, Los Angeles, etc.) *MUST* issue carry permits. The decision has yet to have any impact in L.A. and I don't know about S.D.

They cover a whole bunch of the U.S.

[​IMG]