1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Administration considers nationalizing 5G network

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Biker, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Axios: Trump administration is considering nationalizing 5G mobile network - CNNPolitics

What a joke. This would have absolutely no impact on protecting anything. However, it WOULD give the government carte blanche access to pretty much anything and everything that goes over the network.

Can't wait for all the Title II naysayers to start raving how great of an idea this is. Fucking hypocrites.

2. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old school Conservative

Let me think about that. No. My answer to "government control" of anything is N-O NO.

3. Susan Addams

Susan Addams Amazonian woman in a petite package!

That's whacked out. We need less government, not more government.

The problem with government is much like the person who has only a hammer: every problem begins to look like a nail.

Government tends to see problems is things that can be solved by more government. That's part of the problem why we have a runaway government.

4. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Gee, no surprises here:

FCC chief opposes Trump administration 5G network plan - CNNPolitics

Considering he's most likely still a Verizon stooge, this doesn't surprise me in the least.

5. Susan Addams

Susan Addams Amazonian woman in a petite package!

Good. We need less government, not more. I'm surprised Trump didn't understand that. AFAIK his modus operandi was less government not more. Let people and corporations spend more money.

Trump, go fondle your Tweeter. Keep'a you hands offa the business interests. Oh look, my Amazon is up $25 today! :)