1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AdAware 6 maybe coming soon...

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Sunriser13, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

A long-awaited upgrade to AdAware may be released by Christmas, according to some gossip on the Lavasoft <u>forums</u>. I will not be holding my breath, but it could be very good news...

The rumor does not stop there:
    <u>From Spyware Weekly</u>

We'll just have to wait and see what happens! What I haven't seen reference to is whether or not they will be upgrading the free version to Version 6 as well.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I'll stick to SpyBot from now on, but I am sure it works for many others and they are awaiting this new version. :)

3. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

Even though the current version of AdAware didn't catch your particular bug, Leon, I'd still recommend running both. Each will catch things that the other does not. There is no conflict between the two, either; they cohabit well on your machine.

4. ethics

Will do. :)

5. claire

claire Registered User

ad aware6

Hi,
    I used to use both Ad-Aware and Spybot but I ended
    choosing SPYBOT.The upgrates are quick and occur regularly and this is not what's happening with Ad-Aware(to say the least).
    I must admit that mboston and the rest of the Ad-Aware's forum members and mods are always ready to help.But IMHO,in his present version Ad-Aware is far from competing with Spybot.

6. mrRT

mrRT Tech Mod

Been running Ad-aware for quite awhile now and like it. I have not used the Spy Bot program but am going to DL and check it out....

Ad Aware was definitely a necessity with the kids machine..They download everything they can get their hands on..hehehehehe

7. claire

claire Registered User

Hi MrRT,

You can dowload it here

http://www.security.kolla.de

8. mrRT

mrRT Tech Mod

THANKS Claire

Much appreciated...

I was just goin to post and say "Help...where can I download from.."

:)

9. claire

claire Registered User

Ad aware

You're most welcome mr RT.
    An other Kolla's product that might interest you is the
    Resident(details on Kolla's homepage) and if you
    wish a complete"how to set up SPYBOT"(with screenshots) go to http://www.web-integration.net
    and choose SPYBOT

Regards:)

10. mrRT

mrRT Tech Mod

OMG....found 92 troubles on my machine...(i ran ad aware about a week ago)

and the kids machine (they were here for Thanksgiving for 4 days)...and I haven't checked it since they left last week

341 problems..... :eek:

hehehehehehhe

THANKS for the excellent program folks...

11. claire

claire Registered User

Glad you like it

As usual make a back up before deleting

Regards

12. ethics

And I thought it was just me with this!!!

Glad that I am not the only one but I am very disappointed by AdAware.

13. mrRT

mrRT Tech Mod

You don't suppose it has anything to do with the <strike>type</strike> amount of <strike>material</strike> stuff we download <strike>or places we frequent</strike>...do you???:angel:

14. ethics

I thought about that, so it's a possibility. :angel:

However, AdAware is still on the hot spot for not catching all of my and your problems.