1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ad-Aware file

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Allene, Nov 24, 2002.

1. Allene

Allene Registered User

Does anyone know what an IadHide3.dll file is? After I run Ad-Aware and backup and delete the baddies, I keep ending up with the aforementioned file and directions either to run Ad-Aware again or reboot (I think that's what the message says). I believe I tried that once and it didn't work. How dangerous is IadHIde3.dll? If it isn't too sinister, I think I can live with it. Some things just aren't worth the effort!

Thanks,

Allene

2. LissaKay

LissaKay Oh ... Really???

3. Allene

Allene Registered User

DemiGoddess,

I've got an HP mouse and Keyboard--at least that's all it says on the surface.

I printed out the directions for getting rid of the Iadhide3.dll, but I'm not yet sure if I need it or not.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Allene

4. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

BackWeb is used legitimately by some programs for automatic updating, but IMHO is way too insecure. If you update your programs manually so you can control what goes on with your system, I would recommend dumping it and anything connected with it.

5. LissaKay

LissaKay Oh ... Really???

I see also that it installs with some Kodak digital camera software. From what the Cexx website says, it doesn't appear to be malicious, only a software update notification program. But if you are getting pop-up ads or other strange behavior, this could be the source. But there are dozens of spy/as/malware programs these days that will do this as well.

6. Allene

Allene Registered User

Sunriser and DemiGoddess,

Thanks for the information.

Allene