1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ActiveX Controls

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Allene, Oct 29, 2002.

1. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

Allene, you should have nine files after unzipping. For convenience, I recommend placing them in a folder named Trust Setter so you know what they are. All you have to do is double-click on the "install.vbs" icon and go from there. You may have to close IE and reopen it for the changes to take effect.

If the icons are not on your IE toolbar, go to "View", "Toolbars", "Customize..." and add them. There will be two, "Add To Trusted Sites" and "Add To Restricted Sites". That's all there is to it. :thumbsup:

2. DSL Dan

DSL Dan Registered User

Actually Alexa is rather benign, but it's still unsolicited spyware so we hate it. ;)

Check the screenshot for the location of "Allow per-session cookies" in IE 5.5 SP2.

3. Allene

Allene Registered User

Thanks, Sunriser and Dan! I'm done with the Trust-Setter, but I use IE 6.0, and either there is no cookies section in that part of Version 6.0, or I've done something to it. Before I asked for help with the cookies stuff, I went through the files several times looking for it. I repeated that process this morning. Instead of cookies, I've got Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting, followed by Downloads. Perhaps someone with IE 6.0 can tell me where it is.

Allene

4. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

In IE 6, cookie handling was somewhat improved, although still not perfect. Go to "Tools", "Internet Options", click the "Privacy" tab, and there you will see your cookie options.

5. Allene

Allene Registered User

Thanks, Sunriser and everyone else who helped me. I'm all set now!

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

(with apologies to the person who referred to the "GD banana."

Allene