1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abuse of Power

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by immortal one, Dec 24, 2002.

1. immortal one

immortal one 501st Geronimo

2. drslash

drslash It's all about the beer

I read this earlier today. If the story is basically true then I share their outrage. This is however, one side of the story. Too bad that he plead no contest and there was no trial. I would like to have heard both sides to the story.

3. BigDeputyDog

BigDeputyDog Straight Shootin Admin Staff Member

I wasn't there so I don't know what happened. That article recites a biased account of the incident. It would be interesting to see the official report.

BDD... :{)

4. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

It looks bad and I firmly believe in the possibility that some people abuse their power. But I think the system is changing and will get better. I would like a system where the complaintant (?) and an impartial third party would look at the video together.

5. Sharondippity

Sharondippity Sweetness and Light

How do you authenticate a website story like that? I would be outraged also, once I verified that it wasn't just a story to get moolah.

6. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

Yes, I saw it somewhere else as well. Too many questions on what really happened.

Reminds me of what an investigative reporter liked to say-there's one side to a story and the other side and then there's the truth.

In this case, I think the truth is somewhere in the middle of the two versions.

Without an independent trier of fact we'll never know for sure.

7. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

Hmmm.... for some reason, the whole time I was reading the story I kept getting this vision of an enraged father at his son's hockey game.

And, why would his wife comply with their requests if it was upsetting to do so? Something doesn't make sense.