1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A well deserved and just presidential pardon

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by Arc, Jul 10, 2018 at 4:06 PM.

1. Arc

Arc Full Member

A just pardon and a small blow against federal legal tyranny.

Full NPR version of events in their news article:

Trump Pardons Ranchers Dwight And Steven Hammond Over 2012 Arson Conviction

Below is a map of federally owned property in the United States. Even a blind man could see what the problem is that's represented in part by the map.

[​IMG]

Allene likes this.
  2. Allene

Allene Registered User

I agree. I was happy to hear of the pardons. Take a ldaho. It's almost all federal land. Nevada is even worse.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2018 at 4:41 PM
  3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I edited your post, Allene, as your reply was in the QUOTE TAGS.

cmhbob and Allene like this.
  4. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fuck these guys.

They deliberately set multiple fires to either cover up another crime, or try and work against BLM firefighters actions fighting fires, and nearly killed 4 firefighters trapped in a back burn in the process.

They're lucky that's all the time they were sentenced to.

5. Arc

Arc Full Member

They have been released and are free men. Justice from the federal level!

A judicial pardon or a jury verdict by a fair and impartial jury is about the only way to receive lawful and fair treatment because you are unlikely to get it from federal agents and prosecutors.

The Hammonds pardon follows in the wake of first, the dropping of several charges against Clive Bundy and his two sons in their's and others trial involved in the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge occupation. The judge severely criticized the federal prosecutors for misconduct for "willfully" violating the due process rights of the defendants, including failing to properly turn over evidence to their lawyer in making her decision.

Subsequently, the jury delivered an across-the-board acquittal to all the leaders and participants dealing yet another blow for justice while dealing a remarkable rebuke to the federal government as it tried to tamp down a national movement led by a Nevada family to open public lands to ranchers, miners, and loggers.

The verdicts finding Ammon Bundy, older brother Ryan Bundy and five others not guilty of a federal conspiracy rests under the shadow of the government attacks and killings of innocent law-abiding citizens including unarmed women and children at Ruby Ridge and Waco Texas.

Afterward, the various guilty government agencies and agents tried desperately to cover up all evidence of the dishonesty and crimes of the US Marshall's Service, ATF, and the usual suspects...the FBI.

Oh, by the way, back to the Hammonds, their trial sentence was overturned and set a motion a dramatic increase in the sentence by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. I'm sure some here have heard of them.

Allene likes this.