1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A new anti spyware program

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by claire, Jan 11, 2003.

1. claire

claire Registered User

SpywareGuard - a new, advanced spyware prevention/protection solution: (the following is a quote from the webpage)

SpywareGuard provides a real-time protection solution against spyware that is a great addition to SpywareBlaster's protection method.

An anti-virus program scans files before you open them and prevents execution if a virus is detected - SpywareGuard does the same thing, but for spyware! And you can easily have an anti-virus program running alongside SpywareGuard.

Features Listing:
    -Fast scanning engine
    -Scans exe and cab files - the two most popular file types for distributing spyware
    -Signature-based scanning - for known spyware
    -Heuristic/generic detection capabilities - some spyware programs can be detected even if the code undergoes significant changes
    -Small size - with a small size and small definition sizes, download and updates are quick
    -SG Control Panel - provides easy access to help and integration options
    -SG LiveUpdate - provides an easy updating solution
    -Spyware files are blocked BEFORE being opened or run - they are NOT simply shut down after they are loaded in memory (and after they have performed their tasks)
    -The full path to the spyware executable is provided on the alert screen
    -Once a spyware file is detected and blocked from running, the options are provided to either continue or to delete the spyware file
    -It's a free download

Available at: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/spywareguard.html

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Wow, been waiting for something like this. Key word there is "real-time".

Thanks Claire, gonna have to try this one and test it out and see if it detects some of the spyware I am gonna unload on my system.

3. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I am also giving it a go..

If I find anything negative, I'll let you know.

I also use Spybot, so I am pretty clean right now, but I can hold off on runing a Spybot check for a while and see how well this new one works. :)

4. ethics

I use the same thing, M1, so let's compare notes later on. ;)

5. claire

claire Registered User

An update is already forseen within a few days
    Keep on watching guys(and gals of course) I'll try to be
    fast on the ball(as usual;) )
    If you find something negative just report it to Javacool
    This guy is coding faster than anybody else(except maybe Magnus of Trojan Hunter) and answers very quickly to any justified demand or remark.:)

6. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

I hope those trying this out will report back here after a while.

7. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

I want to take this oppurtunity to thank Claire for all the wonderful updates and new programs she has posted.
    You indeed are a tireless worker!

I for one am going to donate some dollars to her in appreciation.
    You are a very valued member to this site, Claire and I am sooo very happy you are with us.

8. claire

claire Registered User

Thank you Bruzzes but I don't deserve such a kindness
    and generosity.You make me blush

[​IMG]

9. ethics

Thus far: Operational wise, it has some quirks. Bringing it up twice will have two icons at the start processes bar. There really is no way to have an intuitive way of knowing if you enabled your software when you click on the control panel (see attachment).

I've had it run for a few hours with no problems though. I will try to throw some monkey wrenches in to the software by introducing some cool spyware tomorrow. :)

10. claire

claire Registered User

There's already a small update

1/12/03 update:
    +Hotbar (latest variant)
    +FriendGreetings (another variant)

11. claire

claire Registered User

Ethics,
    Javacool is working on a fix for the two icones problem
    It' will be OK in the upcoming next version:)

12. ethics

Ok, where do you see the message board for this program?

13. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise