1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A more positive post

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Misu, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Lately I've been coming in here and crying about how crappy life's been. Well, I found something that made me feel really good, and I thought I would post it here.

You know how Progressive insurance has that cute commercial, where the guy visits a website and everything he types in to fix gets better? Well, I went to the site, expecting to find something silly, like their voodoo site, and was pleasantly surprised.

http://www.instantlybetter.com/vote/vote.asp

The above link is the website you see on the commercial, only its not - Progressive insurance is taking votes each and every month on charities. The highest voted charity that month gets a $5,000 donation in the names of everyone who voted for them.

I voted for the National Childhood Cancer Foundation, in memory of my friend John, who died of cancer yesterday morning.

They have many other charities, and currently, the one that's winning is Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, but the NCCF is a close second. Help me make them #1 this month, so they get that much needed donation.