1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A mini vacation

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Fiona, May 22, 2003.

1. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

After four-five days seriously ill, I was feeling housebound. My family was up to their old tricks making me want to anihilate them. I need peace, solitude and more than that, beauty. So I looked at the clock. I had two hours until I needed to be in town to pick up my son from school.

Suddenly it hit me. I live in one of the most beautiful places in the world and rarely to i get to SEE it. So I decided I would drive one hour south and them turn around and come back

OH MY GOD! Anyone who's been here knows of what i speak. This place is soooo beautiful. It was just what i needed. I had a rental car... as mine is being repaired (separate story) I wanted to DRIVE which is where i get my peace, besides the ocean. So this was perfect, an hour long drive beside the ocean. AWESOME, the sky was mostly clear with patches of fog here and there,, just enough to increase the beauty. We've got the most amazing landscapes south of Carmel.

I could stop at certain times and have a farm on my left an ocean on my right and mountains to the north and south... all within a few feet. STUNNING! I took a few pictures of a couple of little things that amazed me... If they come out I'll post em (had a cheapo camera)

Refreshed, Fio

2. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

I didn't know you were sick.... glad to hear you are better!

3. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Wonderful attitude changer. I will go out to the beach before school is out.

4. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Wow Fiona, how I envy you. I wish there was someplace here that we could have the type of landscape you're talking about. *sigh* What pictures I would take...

Not that Florida is ugly, not saying that at all. But CA is special.