1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Fast-Food Problem: Where Have All the Teenagers Gone?

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, May 8, 2018.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

They mean as in WORK, summer jobs, etc...

Here's my theory.

1. Mommy and Daddy are providing. Still, for these kids. There's no pressure to work.
    2. They have their smartphones, they have their cars. They are fed. See #1.
    3. Have you tried working in a service industry? I'll give you a hint, you have to deal with people. A LOT of them. Nothing is worth that to me, less minimum wage.
    4. These SAME teens are going to Fast-Food, increasing the stress on the workers. Wash, Rinse, Dry, repeat.

P.S. This was the good ole days NY Times when they don't infuse Trump in to everything.

A Fast-Food Problem: Where Have All the Teenagers Gone?

2. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

I agree. If they had to pay for their own gas/phone (of course, when I was 16 we didn't have cell phones, hell my home was on a party line) and Mom and Dad weren't ATMs, we wouldn't be seeing this problem.

The entitlement mentality developed as a result of having helicopter parents aren't helping either.

3. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I went to work part time at 14 and have worked ever since. But now you can't hire, depending on local laws, without red tape and SSAN's, etc. Of course, my first job was for .50 an hour.

4. Arc

Arc Full Member

Where have they gone? I've tried asking a few at Fast-Food places but none of the ones I've asked understand my question as they don't speak English.

Allene, ethics and ShinyTop like this.