1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A communication failure?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by -Ken, Dec 4, 2002.

1. -Ken

-Ken Guest

When ordered to pay a $685 by the court to the
    Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition program,
    Ernesto Valdez decided to the the matters into
    his own hands.

Read about the worst decision reported today
    (it's early folks, there's plenty of time to outdo
    this one) here.

2. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

Now Valdez was just plain stupid, but it brings up another point - why is it that these programs are so expensive?

Rather than hijack this thread, I will expand upon this in a new one.

3. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

First, this program should not be so expensive. Why should a wealthy person have such easy access to this while poor people like Valdez don't due to lack of money?

Second, this guy is a thief. I have no sympathy for thieves. He deserves to be in prison, so I agree with the judge. Surprise, surprise...I disagree with Ken yet again.

Ken, have you ever walked into your home and found all your expensive electronic equipment and other valuables gone?

4. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I don't think Ken is saying the judge made a bad decision. I think he is saying the idiot made a bad decision. <small>Did I just defend Ken?</small>

5. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives Luke, I am NOT your father!

The idiot got what was coming to him. Let him rot in prison. He gets no sympathy from me.

6. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

Ahhh shoot. If that's the case, then I apologize, Ken. Based on his past posts, I took it to mean that he disagreed with the judge who sent him to prison.

And yeah, you did just defend Ken. ;)