1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

71% of Democrats Believe in Redistributing Wealth

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

BTW, I counter your Harvard professor with equally intelligent liberals...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57t4u4c4H98&feature=related

2. mikeky

mikeky Member

My video wasn't posted just for the sake of a rant, but for her concept on why the rich should pay more in taxes (she talks about that about mid-way through the video).

3. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Her reason for wanting to pay more is predicated on the fact that she doesn't think they pay enough. It's a fundamental premise that I simply don't agree with.

4. Copzilla

Oh, of course. Her original thought process just precludes her main point with some partisan ranting, setting her up for her big finale in front of her adoring liberal lemmings.

She makes some wide sweeping statements about the rich making their money on the backs of the people who built those roads. WHO built those roads? WHO provides that security? Ummm... 70% of taxes paid for by 10% of the people? 50% of everyone don't pay ANY TAXES AT ALL?!?!?!?

Her concepts on why the rich should pay more in taxes are flawed rants, Mike. I'm no Harvard professor, and *I* could chew her up in a debate.

5. mikeky

mikeky Member

At least 40% of us chipped in. Hey, they're using my tax money to get rich! :p

6. Greg

Greg Full Member

I wish we could put Bush behind us. We're in trouble now. We don't need recriminations, we need solutions.

Let's roast the guilty in a few years after we've gotten to a better economy.

jimeez likes this.
  7. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

Any liberal who feels that wealth should be redistributed is welcome to slip a twenty in my mailbox. No questions asked.

8. Allene

Allene Registered User

Yes, it's sickening and it's terrifying. I never thought this country would go down that road when I first came here. It takes only a basic level of common sense to see that this didn't work in the former Soviet Union. However, the early members of the Communist party (later killed off by Stalin) were idealists who thought they were ushering in a shining new world. Too many people in this country have been complacent over the years, and too many of them didn't vote in elections. That is never wise.

9. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Needless to say, my parents are in depression.

10. Allene

Allene Registered User

I can understand why! Your parents are from my generation, plus they lived through what I only read about. There's a price to pay for all these attempts at leveling the playing field. I can still see the drunk Russian man crawling through an intersection in St. Petersburg, Russia, at ten in the morning in September 1993. Something told me he was one of the numerous side-effects of that leveling. People just lose their incentive to work when it no longer makes any difference how hard you work or how well you perform.

As for the rich in this country, I can tell the difference between them and criminals like Enron's upper management. Some of these people got there through hard work and wise management of their money. I'm fine with that. They still have to deal with the ups and downs of life like the rest of us.

I could say a lot more, but I won't.

11. Kluge

Kluge Observing your world for over 50 years

I'm a little bit confused how colonies in a land that was claimed in the name of a king or queen and subsequently conquered and/or purchased by government somehow fell into private hands without any redistribution of the wealth.
    Somebody school me on this, so I can quit being a bleeding heart save the babies liberal commie pinko card carrying union member hippie freak.

12. Copzilla

Nothing has ever been conquered by a government. Anything ever conquered has been conquered by people.

13. ethics

As posted elsewhere, Liberals are the biggest piece of shit hypocrites since I don't know when.

http://bostonherald.com/news/politics/view.bg?articleid=1061136010

Elizabeth Warren, who has railed against predatory banks and heartless foreclosures, took part in about a dozen Oklahoma real estate deals that netted her and her family hefty profits through maneuvers such as “flipping” properties, records show.
    A Herald review has found that the Democratic U.S. Senate candidate rapidly bought and sold homes herself, loaned money at high interest rates to relatives and purchased foreclosed properties at bargain prices.

Land records from Warren’s native Oklahoma City show the Harvard professor was active in the often topsy-turvy real estate market in the 1990s, including:
    • Purchasing a foreclosed home at 2725 West Wilshire Boulevard from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development for $61,000 in June 1993, then selling it in December 1994 for $95,000 — a 56 percent mark-up in just 18 months.
    • Buying a house at 200 NW 16th St. for $30,000 in August 1993, then flipping it for $145,000 — a 383 percent gain after just five months.
    • Lending one of her brothers money at 9.5 percent interest to buy a home at 1425 Classen Drive for $35,000 in August 2000. He sold the place three months later for $38,500 — a 10 percent gain in 75 days.

• Providing her brother with financing to buy a $25,000 house at 4301 NW 16th St. in 1994. He sold the property four years later for $42,000, a 68 percent increase.

• Giving her sister-in-law a mortgage in 1996 to buy a $31,000 home at 2621 NW 13th St. Three years later, the sister-in-law sold the place for $45,000 — a 45 percent boost in three years.

• Providing her brother with a loan in 1997 to buy 901 NW 22nd St. for $90,000. He sold it some two years later for $106,000 — an 18 percent increase.

• Giving her brother a mortgage to buy 3836 NW 12th St. in 1997 for $26,000. Nine years later, he unloaded the home for $45,000 — a 73 percent jump.

14. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I look forward to her infomercials on how to make money in real estate. Move over, Tom Vu and Carlton Sheets!

15. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Liberals are apparently the new conservatives: they love money more than sex.

ethics likes this.
  16. ethics

They always have!!! It's a superb propaganda campaign for people to point to Wall Street and banks. I mean, look where Joseftu lives and where the 1% and Hollywood celebs live. Brooklyn’s Gold Rush - NYTimes.com

17. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Oh, I know. It's just hilarious how the left is all about everything the right says and does, but at the end of the day, they want to be monied and live in luxury, surrounded by the finest trappings while having a Mercedes, BMW, and Audi in the three-car garage. Just like Michael Moore. Just like Elizabeth Warren. Just like Obama.

But while the higher-ups on the left set the agenda, and fan the flames of discontent among their less fortunate underlings, they never, ever, aspire to return to their roots, such as it were.

But they say they do. And hardly a day goes by that the lie doesn't get exposed, but the legion of facilitators and millionaire journalists and new directors close ranks almost all the time, and the lie doesn't get the same airtime.

ethics likes this.
  18. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

The main difference is the left wants it handed to 'em. Where as the typical conservative is willing to work for it.