1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6 Ways to choose a VPN

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by anajames, Oct 1, 2018.

1. anajames

anajames Full Member

Well, I have been to various forums and communities and have found people discussing which VPN to go for.

Everyone has got their own experiences to share, but we are never clear which features are necessary for a VPN to posses.

How to choose a VPN is the big question for all.

For me, I consider Price, Server locations and a most importantly log policy of a VPN to be the factors in deciding to make a purchase of a VPN service.

I would like to know what others have in mind, maybe we can combine all the ways out and make our own guide here.

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

3. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

4. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

Or, you get a burner tablet, bought in a private sale with cash, bogus email and burner visa card for iTunes/Google Play, you never have it turned on (and in a Faraday cage) when within 10 miles of your house. You connect only through public wi-fi, leave your "real" tablet/phone at home, take public transportation to where you're using it.

This way your electronics "say" you're home, your car "says" you're home and there is no Uber/Lyft transaction to track you moving. The burner tablet (replaced every 30 days or less) has no data trail or location data to show "you" were ever near it.

But I wouldn't know anything about things like this, I'm not paranoid, and I'm not doing what might be considered "bad things" by Law Enforcement.