1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$50 a barrel

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Greg

Greg Full Member

Was planning on it this week.

2. jfcjrus

jfcjrus Veteran Member

Thanks for the heads-up!
    Your consumption will probably drive oil futures crazy.
    Gotta talk to my broker tomorrow. ;)

3. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Yep, no doubt. :(

5. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

This is a good thing IMO. While $75/bbl may be a "fair price", it's enough to keep the creative minds and prudent politicians (oxymoron, I know) on their toes and continue to work on alternatives.
    I am with Steve; bring it on!

6. ethics

For selfish reasons, as a motorcyclist, I want nothing more than more open roads. ;)

7. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Hah! Just wait until they enact a low gasoline consumption tax for motorized vehicles that get more than 50 MPG.

8. ethics

LOL! I can see that happening only after more than 50% of the vehicles are getting that type of MPG. ;)

9. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

I can't help but wonder why oil prices aren't lower than they are right now. Demand is low, supply is high. Prices should be low, shouldn't they? Why are we still hovering in the mid to high 60's?

10. Greg

Greg Full Member

The success of the oil cartel?

11. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

That's about all I can come up with.

It will be interesting to see what the inventory numbers are. The American Petroleum Institute data is due later today and the Department of Energy's number will come out on Wednesday. Then we'll have a more clear picture.

12. ethics

13. dsl987

dsl987 Member

Pretty much right on. OPEC has really done a good job of enriching themselves at our expense by with holding supply to keep oil in a fairly tight range of $65-$75. If it were based on fundamentals alone it would probably be back down in the $40's.

14. Greg

Greg Full Member

You correctly interpreted my question as rhetorical.