1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5/22 maintenance... 2.1 confirmed today

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, May 21, 2007.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The armory is still fooked, but here it is so far over @ Wowhead.

The last 6 points will go into pursuit, imp ret aura, and eye for an eye.

2. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I usually don't look at "Amount Healed" in SWStats unless I know it's "effective" (overheals removed) in-combat healing. However, I'm not surprised that your Illumination +crit gear produced the one-two order in that stat, and I'm certainly happy with the results of our healing. Plus, there's that armor advantage. I'm pretty sure I died earlier and more frequently in our earlier attempts, and when you're dead you're not healing. Plate ftw! :) Heck, I'm surprised I got to second in your healing stat, ahead of the resto hybrids, with the amount of time I spent on my back.

The power of pally healing was the crux of many pre-patch discussions. I even saw some players post in other forums that holy pallies were preferred raid healers over holy priests, to the exclusion of the latter. Lots of players said that priests should get a buff to fix that situation but predicted that instead Blizzard would nerf pallies because that would be easier, and that's precisely what happened.

By the way, the first healing stat that I look at in SWStats is "HPS," a healing equivalent of DPS. After Mulguar went down my HPS was 300. I forget what second place was, but it was far, far away from that number. In a moment of egotistical weakness I whispered Rosh (our unofficial official SWStats keeper) to take a look at HPS and his only response was "holy crap." :D

I guess that means that if I want to be first in Amount Healed I shoud cast heals more frequently, but that wouldn't help the raid. For example, when I wasn't dead in Gruul's Lair I was casting a shield on Usun just about every time Weakened Soul faded.

Be that as it may, I am so happy to have a holy pally in our raid. The advantages are awesome. We did it the hard way before Burning Crusade.

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Anytime I am on, just tell me and we are off. Piz is 63 and can do any instance up to ST in no time. I even soloed ZF and did the zerg quest. :)

4. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Actually it was a very impressive 1-2 punch, and we had the healing power on the last attempt for me even to leave my healing target and throw about 6 heals overall to Gruff. Which is rather disconcerting, because he was supposed to have one of the premium and well geared shammie healers assigned to him... a player I consider to be overrated who manages good numbers ONLY because of chain heal spam, but that's my unofficial and generally unspoken opinion.

The healing power of the priest is actually very clear to me, over the paladin. The two compliment each other very nicely. You have two very distinct advantages I do not...

1. HoTs
    2. Group heal

Pallies have one very distinct advantage over priests...

1. Fight longevity

Many times when running lesser instances, I heal for most of the boss fight, look to check my mana, and have like 3/4ths of a tank remaining. But I have difficulty when the entire groups takes AoE damage, or we have a multi-mob multi-tank pull.

5. Copzilla

Going back and soloing those instances is hilarious. I went and soloed Scholomance a few weeks ago with my priest. Shackle, throw DoTs and HoTs and wand em down. I didn't get too far in before the rest of the group arrived, but I was pulling the mobs in batman's room.

6. ethics

NICE! I need to do that when I hit 70! :)

7. Copzilla

I bet my paladin could tear that place a new butt... haha

8. Copzilla

Oh and BTW, Seid, you want to see a shammie who is an uberhealer, group with Shagraas sometime. He's awesome.

9. SixofNine

Oh, Shaggy's an awesome healer! All 61 points in resto, too.

10. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Already a Bongos2 1.2 version.

Hopefully this will fix all my stuff not being saved every login :doh:

11. SixofNine

Yeah, the update to the update to the update left my settings alone.

I noticed that you can now save profiles again, something the first post-patch version was lacking.

12. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Interesting..

I finally had one spam eek through this morning.. in a timeframe I usually got 10.

Blizz's solution to the spam reporting now includes guess what?

Block any attempts from SpamSentry to send in tickets now.

Their new system of right clicking to report gives me no indicator it actually worked or reported. :doh:

13. SixofNine

Yeah, I don't like that part. My first right-click is to ignore the spammer, because that ignores the entire account for the duration of my login. I right-click again to report.

14. Copzilla

That pisses me off so bad I could spit. Seriously. They simply don't like their GMs being complaint-spammed, guess what? We don't like spam either.

My solution - Copy from SpamSentry window. Initiate GM verbal harassment ticket, paste. Screw 'em, they're getting my GM report whether they like it or not.

15. ethics

Oh wow... That is retarded!!! Typical big corporation MO though and I am as pissed as Copz in on that.