1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5/22 maintenance... 2.1 confirmed today

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, May 21, 2007.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

There's a checkbox on the login screen called "Show Launcher Window" or something like that. Mine was unchecked. Was that there before the patch?

CC and many other realms are down for the count right now.

2. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Midnight EST....

I'm shocked.

Say goodnight Gracie.

3. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

weird Ysera is running fine. Stonehawk, Influ and myself were taken on a lovely tour of Wailing Carvens

4. SixofNine

Got back in and did a guild run in Black Morass. Things worked smoothly overall. X-Perl was a little weird but nothing serious -- mainly player portraits kept disappearing.

One nice change was the extent of jazzed up or new animations. My healing mace has a nice golden, dynamic glow now (I'm assuming it's the healing enchant on it until I determine otherwise). It kind of swirls around when I'm standing still and forms contrails when I'm moving.

Look for other nice little touches like that. For example, check out the jazzed up Dark Portal in Black Morass.

5. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I finally managed to get in and check things out.

Firstly, Autobar has been fixed by the author, who now appears to only really care about posting his updated files on ace's site. make sure to grab Autobar Config too.

Threw some gold at my new talents, and took the new/improved Holy Shield for a whirl.

WoW. :eek:

I now can do a min of 180 Holy damage per block w/it over 8 charges, as oppose to the 4 charges and 60-100 damage per block I used to have.
    It will last through it's entire spell duration now with up to 4 mobs engaged, I went as high as a 6 mob-pull ( all 1-2 levels above me) before it wore off before the timer was up.

Very nice addition.

Have players with pets always been able to see them at the login screen?
    I noticed my blueberry is now visible in my warlock at the login screen... /shrug.

I've noticed several new spell animations and some very cool weather effects now showing too.

6. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

I can play, and all my mods appear to be working except for some of the graphical quirks Brian mentioned.

One problem though. Every time I hop a flight to anywhere, I get a 132 Error and the game crashes. Haven't had one of these in months. Very depressing.

7. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Well, big surprise here, but spam countermeasures are not effective. I've now been spammed 5 times between last night and this morning.

Maybe it's just that my toon name begins with an "A" and the bots aren't throttled by the time they get to me, but I'm entirely underwhelmed by Blizz and their money-whore methods at the moment.

8. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Did you get a chance to check out the stickie I linked in the other forum?

Hopefully, you're running a vid card that's not an S3 chip.

9. SixofNine

The Bongos author has released an update (and an update to the update), but he has renamed it Bongos2 with instructions to delete all old Bongos folders first. I'm assuming that this means set-up will have to be redone.

10. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Yep, my card is not on the list.

11. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ouch, that blows.

Edit> just d/l and popped it in after moving out th eold folders.

At first glance, everything was gone, but in moving around my bars back to where I wanted them, all the buttons came back, I just had to adjust the size and orientations.

12. SixofNine

Yeah, my old Bongos bars were there, they were just sitting in default positions at default sizes, so it wasn't a big deal to reorient (recent screenshot of UI ftw :) ).

My Bongos key bindings were gone, but that wasn't a big deal to recreate, either. Besides, I'm doing a lot more click-casting these days with Clique.

Bongos dropped support for customizing the mini-map, so if you were using it for that you'll have to find another add-on.

13. SixofNine

New Version of X-Perl is Out

There's a new version of X-Perl at curse-gaming, though I can't get the site to squeeze out a download for me. They're probably getting hammered.

14. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Says the download is temporarily unavailable.

He says himself to get it at worldofwar.net/ui

15. SixofNine

Got it, thanks.

16. Elspeth

I noticed the wand animations last night, they are very cool. Also on the spammer note, I was spammed once (knock on wood) on 2 different servers.

So far so good (again knock on wood)

17. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Ah dammit... I was gonna do that! But glad someone did it! Get quests in ShK and I will take you all for a tour there. :)

18. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Post your build!

19. Stonehawk

Stonehawk AKA Jerry

Yeah, got a nice Seedcloud blue buckler for future use and some nice mail pieces out of WC. Had a blast, and am looking forward to running with more of the folks in ODM.

Jerry

20. Elspeth

I still need quests out of there. We can do it again :) I will work on the other quests.

Here is the build right now. I am mainly going frost, but with just enough acrane to get clearcasting.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ysera&n=Els

Hopefully when you look I will be updated, dinged 21 last night.