1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5/22 maintenance... 2.1 confirmed today

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, May 21, 2007.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Shocking!

2. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Is this a new record?

Hotfix needed less than 5 hours after servers coming back up from a major patch?

Somehow, I doubt it. :lol:

I think I'll catch you all tomorrow-ish, Deadliest Catch is on tonight anyways. :)

3. ethics

Didn't they have a change where you can fish up to 2 fishes now? They decided against it?

4. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

That was the best part of fishing Ocean coastlines. :cry:

I guess it was a bug after all.

5. ethics

Sucks, no?

6. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Sure does.. bye bye fishing up 2 chests at a clip from the floating wrecks in Steamwheedle. :whistle:

I guess the new 20 sec timer + guaranteed bites will seem like a dream now though compared to fishing of old.

(which reminds me, I need to go stock up on nightfins one night here)

7. ethics

Pallies red = BAD, green = good, Blue= neutral bold by me:

Greater Blessing of Kings: The cost for this blessing is now twice the cost of Blessing of Kings, instead of a fixed cost of 150.
    Greater Blessing of Sanctuary 2: The range on this spell was incorrectly set to 30 yards. It has been changed to 40 yards.
    Greater Blessing of Wisdom 3: The range on this spell was incorrectly set to 30 yards. It has been changed to 40 yards.
    Hammer of Wrath: Rank 4, damage increased.
    Illumination: This talent now only gives 60% of the mana cost of the critical heal. It also now returns the correct amount of mana when used with ranks 4 and 5 of Holy Shock.--SUCKS! I had points here!
    Improved Concentration Aura (Protection Talent) no longer increases resistance to Interrupt/Silence mechanics, but instead reduces the duration of Interrupt/Silence mechanics by 10/20/30%.
    Improved Sanctity Aura now increases all damage caused by affected targets by 1/2% and no longer increases healing done to affected targets.
    Improved Seal of Righteousness: The percentage increase in damage from this talent is now applied after all bonuses from items and effects which increase your spell damage.
    New Protection Talent added: Improved Holy Shield, 2 ranks: Increases damage caused by Holy Shield by 10/20% and increases the number of charges of Holy Shield by 2/4.
    One-Handed Weapon Specialization(Protection): Now increases all damage caused by the paladin by 1-5% while a one-handed weapon is equipped.
    Seal of Blood: This seal will no longer cause additional chances for weapon procs to trigger.
    Seal of Righteousness: This seal will no longer cause additional chances for weapon procs to trigger.
    Seal of the Crusader: The rank 7 tooltip has been fixed to read the same as other ranks of this spell.
    Spiritual Attunement: First-aid generated healing will no longer trigger this ability. However, Lifebloom, Earth Shield, and Improved Leader of the Pack will now trigger it correctly. The tooltip has been adjusted to indicate it only works on healing from spells. It will also now work correctly when you are mounted or sitting.
    Spiritual Attunement: Mana is no longer healed if the paladin is at full health.
    Stoicism (Protection) should now properly affect all magic effects cast by the Paladin and no longer applies double its intended benefit to Blessing of Might and Blessing of Wisdom.
    Vengeance (Retribution) now increases Holy and Physical damage by 1/2/3/4/5% for 15 seconds following a critical hit, but the effect now stacks up to 3 times.
    Vindicator Aesom at Blood Watch will now correctly train a full range of paladin spells.

8. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Yeah, the nerf to Illumination totally blows.

9. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Greater Blessing of Kings: The cost for this blessing is now twice the cost of Blessing of Kings, instead of a fixed cost of 150

12% base mana now.. no biggie, can still buff an entire party with 100% Kings and have mana left over to spare, it covers an entire class with one cast, not one player per cast. :)

Illumination nerf..

Feh, Tankadins the way I see them don't have room for this anyways. Go put on a dress if you wanna be a caster, Mary. ;)

Seal of Blood: This seal will no longer cause additional chances for weapon procs to trigger.
    Seal of Righteousness: This seal will no longer cause additional chances for weapon procs to trigger.

Never noticed either of these before, Seal of Blood seemed pointless anyways unless you've got a good army of healers behind you or a dress wearing pally crying in his Draenei water over the Illum nerf.

Spiritual Attunement: Mana is no longer healed if the paladin is at full health.

I can't argue this bug fix, but I will say with a shadow priest in the group, mana = 90% or higher at all times anyways. :D

Now my takes...

One-Handed Weapon Specialization(Protection): Now increases all damage caused by the paladin by 1-5% while a one-handed weapon is equipped.

50% NERF HERE = EVIL

Improved Seal of Righteousness: The percentage increase in damage from this talent is now applied after all bonuses from items and effects which increase your spell damage.
    New Protection Talent added: Improved Holy Shield, 2 ranks: Increases damage caused by Holy Shield by 10/20% and increases the number of charges of Holy Shield by 2/4.

Hawtness here x 2!

Ardent Defender (Protection) now reduces damage taken by 6-30% when below 35% health.

NERF here... maybe. It was 50% reduction below 20% health, but there is the leapfrog crush effect to think about.

Avenger's Shield no longer has a minimum range. It may be used on any target within 30 yards.
    Avenger's Shield: The damage portion of this ability will now be applied even if the victim is immune to snare.

Yes! Close quarters fighting mini-crowd control.

I'm respec'ing as soon as I can get logged in again and not have to worry about all my stuff going kablooey to fill out for this build , finishing up eventually with the higher Ret talents..

10. Copzilla

With my plate wearing priest, I'm leading the healing meters in 25 man raids that are taking out bosses in Gruul's Lair, so yeah, Illumination is a bad nerf to those of us. But thanks for your commentary.

I'll accept my advice from those who actually know how to heal, though. :p

Ret is widely regarded as a leveling spec... guess that's alright if that's all you want to do.

11. ethics

Good luck trying to log. Servers restarted, everything was fine but WoW then crashes and I am stuck on Authenticating. :)

ANd yeh, what Copz said you caveman!

12. Copzilla

Last night we did kick major ass in Gruul's Lair, and I did lead the healing meters. Know who was second? Seid... priestie with +1600 healing fully buffed. My healing is +1300 fully buffed. Illumination + crit gear keeps a pally going like the Energizer Bunny.

13. ethics

Fixed.

14. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

I thought it was just me. Mine just says unable to connect.

15. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

So what.. size 7 then? ;)

16. Copzilla

Well, it's not a complete nerf, Leon, but we'll be going OOM a little faster is all. Gotta watch the potion intake and drink one early.

I have 10% crit, so 10% of my total mana would be returned. Now 6% will be returned. This will account for a difference of 400 mana out of my 10k buffed mana pool. Considering I go through about 2 full pools of mana in an average boss fight, I'll be losing probably 800 mana over that time frame. It's a difference, but not one that is insurmountable. Potion up...

17. ethics

Mine now says the same thing. And the weird thing is that when I load WoW, it skips the launcher entirely.

18. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Forums are kaput too..

I think things went horribly wrong (yet again :p )

19. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I got in for a short while.

Good news: Bongos, X-Perl, and Clique appeared to be working even without updates.

Bad news: Major CF, par for the course with a big patch:
    • Load screens take forever. Took a long time for my login screen to load, and I think I disconnected after waiting about five minutes for my screen to reload after hearthing.
    • Was getting an "Internal Auction Error" in the AH with all out-of-date add-ons disabled.
    • Now they're saying there were problems for some realms with the rolling restarts. Can't log in at all now.

20. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I read earlier, if you are an autobar user.. turn it off until (IF?) it gets updated, it's screwing up stances in Bongos.