1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5/22 maintenance... 2.1 confirmed today

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, May 21, 2007.

1. Andy

In typical Blizz fashion, they still cant give a definite yes/no answer in the forums as to if/when 2.1 will hit tomorrow.

However, there is extended monkey wrenching tomorrow.

Coupled with some alleged IRC chat session that tomorrow is 2.1 according to "Tigole"

Still not holding my breath.
  2. Andy

Well I'll be damned...

It's up.

Downloading the rest of the patch now... 276MB total
  3. Andy

It's... HUGE!

Chew on this at work..
  4. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

This one caught my eye right away.

5. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

This is huge:

The cost of this enchant was ridiculously high, so this is a nice change:

These are nice for a priest:

This sucks:

This sucks:

Basically, the days of potting yourself up six ways to Sunday for that big boss fight are over. You can only pot yourself up two ways to Sunday, and one has to be offensive and one defensive.

Oh, and this has been a major annoyance, glad they finally did something about it:

6. Andy

Bunch of new flightpoints to go out and Pokemon = hawt.

Alliance scum getting a direct flight from Honor Hold to Shatt while horde still need a connecting flight = teh sux

And nerf Druids.. new epic flight form while Pally's and Warlocks get no special flying mount quests to compare to the other 2 mounts received..
  7. SixofNine

I'll believe it when I see it. :D

8. Andy

I call bullshit on this!
    You can't perform any other crafting while flying, why socketing?
    Was it that huge of a demand to be able to socket in flight?

Hooray, about time they woke up to not needing a 3rd party program to view their stuff.. bye bye Ifranview.
  9. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

10. Andy

They could have at the very least given it a typical possibility to fail like other stuff in game (see: engineering)

"You are now able to socket while in flight, however, there is a 12% chance that the socketing will fail due to you hitting an air pocket and you dropping you gem down into the gaping maw of a Fel Reaver below....Go get it if you dare"

Also, I'm starting the office pool..

How long until the gold spammers find a workaround to the new preventions put into place?

I give them until Thursday.
  11. ethics

When money is involved? Tonight.
  12. Andy

F*cking optimist.. :rofl:

The pessimist in me looks back on past performance after major patches and isn't even expecting to be allowed to login by tonight. :D
  13. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

This is a good idea methinks.
  14. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

I did not see this mentioned in the notes. Is it there?
  15. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

Some very cool things in there. I really need to find some new add ons. I need something that has the info of titan and CT. Also must be easy to use. :)

Any suggestions?
  16. Andy

If it's not, there will be a riot.
  17. SixofNine

If you want to replace Titan i would go with FuBar. It's an Ace-based add-on that many of us have switched over to.

Main page for wowace.com

Ace Alternatives to Common Add-Ons

FuBar Plug-Ins

Also, to keep Ace add-ons up-to-date, download WoWAceUpdater. It's a double-clickable app that runs outside of WoW. It checks for updates to the Ace-based add-ons that you have downloaded and updates them for you. Requires .NET 2.0 runtime.
  18. ethics

Ace2 (FuBar) is what I use. They have a downloader that's very easy to select which mods you want and then update.
  19. Andy

Heads up!

Shit's disappearing from inventories, and they can't do crap about it yet..

20. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

oh just ducky. :whap: Good thing I don't have a crafting profession.