1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4.03 - What's broken

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Biker, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Gah! I'll reboot into WIndows and check things out using IE.

Bear in mind, too, there's a hard set limit to the amount of reputation you can spread around in a day. I'd have to go look, but I think it defaults to 2 in a 24 hour period.
  2. Biker

I just tested with IE 8 and there was a slight delay, but the box popped up.

However, I am experiencing the typing delay which is a pain in the backside. I'll have to look into that.
  3. Biker

Not sure if this is a bug or what, but if you go to the "advanced" editor, the delay goes away. Definitely something to do with AJAX and IE. I'll keep my eye open for a fix, but in the meantime, if you're using IE and experience the "lag" in quick reply, go to the advanced editor instead.
  4. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Tom, I just checked this using IE8 and XP Pro, and saw the delay on the first couple that I clicked. I hit Morg, then you on different posts (but didn't actually give the rep); those just had a slight delay compared to FF. But when I tried to rep Shiny (post 17), I ddin't get the box for a long while. When I clicked it a second time, I got the "Spread it around" notice.

Seems to hold true across the board. I tried a different thread, and different users. If I have not given rep to that person lately, I get a short delay. If I have repped them lately, I get a long delay, but a second click brings up the "Spread it around" notice.
  5. Morg

Morg The ultra-moderate

Not sure what you did, if anything, but I get the box now. There was a very slight delay.

How does one go to the advanced editor if not posting?

I've never tried to add rep more often than, maybe, once a week.
  6. Biker

Only go to the advanced editor if you're going to post. Otherwise, no reason to pull it up.