1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4.03 - What's broken

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Biker, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

As before, if you find something that has worked previously (as in the past few months) and it no longer works after the upgrade I did tonight, post it here and I'll look into it.

2. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Forum opt-out as of a couple of minutes ago. Tried setting it to none, and blocking the two that I used to have, and they're still showing up. Didn't log out or clear cache between, though. The panel is there, but thechanges aren't taking.

3. Biker

Try it again...

4. cmhbob

Now I can't even see the panel. Settings|General, right?

5. Biker

You sure? I just went in and checked. It's there.

6. cmhbob

Weird - didn't see it then. Maybe I didn't scroll down far enough. At any rate, logged out, cleared cache, and it's still not working.

Currently have Soc/Culture blocked, but it's still showing up. I'm prob heading to bed here soon. Sorry I can't be more help.

7. Biker

It's showing how? All this mod does is prevent posts in the specific forum from being displayed in What's New. That's it.

8. cmhbob

Here's my settings, and here's also a screenie of a "What's New" click.

Also when Opt-Out was working before, where I circled in red used to include the names of the forums I'd opted out of.

9. Biker

**sigh** OK. I just tested it as well and it's not working. I'll contact the developer and see if there was a change to 4.03 that prevents it from working.

10. Biker

Fixed....

11. cmhbob

Yup. Thanks. Haven't noticed anything else.

12. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

When I try to double click on the bubble next to a forum title, Bits and Bytes in this case, to mark it as read I get "Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid." and it is not marked as read. This started yesterday or the day before.

13. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

Yesterday especially but another day previous to it I was having a great deal of difficulty getting the site to load and then typing a reply to posts. I don't know if it was my system difficulty or what. Today appears to be ok.

:)

14. ShinyTop

I get the same message when I click on forum tools and try to make this forum read.

15. Biker

Working on it.... Problem is, with the modifications I've made since the last ticket, I'm loath to remove them again. vB requires a pristine installation with no modifications when they do troubleshooting. The primary "Mark Forums Read" from the navbar works fine, although that works on all the forums, just not the individual one you're wanting to clear.

16. ShinyTop

Thanks. I will await fix.

17. ShinyTop

I noticed just today it is fixed. Thank you.

18. Morg

Morg The ultra-moderate

Bike,

When I click on the reputation star, there is no response unless I'm trying to give rep to the same user as last time (in that case, it says I have to spread it around). At one time in the past, it opened an edit window for a comment to the reputee.

19. Biker

What browser?

20. Morg

Morg The ultra-moderate

Sorry.

IE 8 running on Win XP Pro.