1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3rd Infantry Division (Mechanized) Deploying

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by jamming, Jan 1, 2003.

1. jamming

jamming Banned

The troops, from the 3rd Infantry Division (Mechanized), received prepare-to-deploy orders earlier this week, Army officials said.

3rd is a Mechanized Infantry Division which means this ain't no light division. This is a major hitter.

2. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

So the real deal begins. :)

Ken, this is your cue to begin excessive hand-wringing, wailing, and gnashing of teeth.

SM

3. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"May your tracks never be thrown, your firing platform be STAB'ed, your boresight be true, and your BUTT come home in one piece!"
    SGT.(ret) A. Walker.3rd Platoon, Aco 8/40th Armor, Desert Dragons
    <small>"Grim Reapers, See you in HELL!"</small>

4. aedumo

aedumo Veteran Member

good luck and godspeed

5. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

AMEN!

6. Sierra Mike

For more info, check out the 3ID(M)'s homepage.

I would be remiss by not mentioning that 3/160 SOAR is a tenant activity at Stewart's Hunter Army Airfield. Hoo-ah, Dark Horse Airlines! ;)

SM

7. jamming

jamming Banned

For our French Speakers their Motto is "NOUS RESTERONS LA" for the 3d Infantry Division "Rock of the Marne!" They have been consituted as an Infantry Division since 1917.

8. aedumo

aedumo Veteran Member

hey just wonderin, but isn't the 24th mech at ft.stewart also? (or is it 25th mech? i get those 2 confused with the 24th or 25th light out of hawaii)

9. jamming

jamming Banned

25th Infantry Division(Light), Schofield Barracks, Hawaii

10. Sierra Mike

I think 24th Mech was inactivated not too long ago. But you're right, it was garrisoned at Stewart.

SM

11. jamming

jamming Banned

I thought they moved the 24th ID (M) to Fort Riley, Kansas?

12. Sierra Mike

Hell if I know. I have enough difficult following what's happening to the units I belonged to, much less ones I never even visited.

SM

13. aedumo

aedumo Veteran Member

i never heard of the 24th ID moving to ft riley. coulda happened though, but i would imagine they would go in the other direction....korea

14. Omar

Omar Registered User

This is like a party. Why are you all so happy.

Even with a war that you agree with you do realize people will die.

15. jamming

jamming Banned

We are not particularily happy, we are wishing them luck, precisely because they may die. We are each remembering what it was likeon our way to the wars we participated in or other friends we sent off that died. Sorry if it seems like a party to you, but believe me I am not happy about having to put people into harms way.

16. Omar

Omar Registered User

Ok, thank you for clarification. Without that form of disclaimer one can easily mistake the true intentions of this conference.

17. Sierra Mike

How does it seem like a party, Omar? Divisional deployment orders have been cut, we recognized that, wished them luck, then began wondering about the whereabouts of an entirely different unit altogether. I don't see any streamers or punchbowls here.

SM