1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2002: The Year of Living Dangerously

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Sierra Mike, Dec 31, 2002.

1. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

From MSNBC:

Read all about it at
    The Year of Living Dangerously

SM

2. fritzmp

fritzmp Fire Fire For Effect

Dec. 31 ? There?s one in every family ? the conspiracy theorist uncle, certain that the world is run by a secret cabal. Or maybe it?s the dotty aunt who bolts her door with 14 locks, too racked with paranoia to leave the house.

Please no Masonic jokes.

Fact is, more people will die in the next 24 hr's from drinking and driving than did on 9/11/01, Life goes on and instead of this self analyzing crap, just be pissed off and kick some serious ass that is long over due IMHO.

The world needs to grow up and if it can't play nice, dad needs to get out the switch. Most of the world lives in the dark ages still. Too many people with power that shouldn't be even be running the swing shift at a Dairy Queen. The wold leaders, most, are two faced shit heads.

God save us from mans ambitions. It's hard to have lofty thoughts when the immature of intellect runs the wolds country's and the media.

3. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

Who says that the 9/11 tragedy has not been one of the most effective attacks against America since Pearl Harbor.

The whole attitude of the Nation has changed dramatically.
    It must take a strong resolve to counter this malaise.

It is now post 1 1/3 yrs and our attitude and economy are still stuck in the mud. Hopefully come Feb, we can actually do something concrete to show that resolve.

This will go down in the History books, as another major event in the growing of America.

4. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

I agree...I think 9/11 was a lot more effective in harming the US than Pearl Harbor.

SM

5. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

I suspect the reason it was more damaging is that it happened to a society that is more concerned with working and playing well with others than the substance of its backbone.

6. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

I can't validate your statement, as I wasn't alive in 1942. I know people remember the last hurricane or earthquake more than the previous ones, though. Human nature.