1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

16 Murders...6 Days

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Coot, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Former NYPD Commissioner and new LAPD Chief William Bratton received a rousing welcome as he was sworn in. 16 homocides in 6 days, almost all in the infamous South Central part of LA...almost all gang related shootings.

Bratton turned NY around and then got shown the door as he was becoming a bit too popular. I'm just wondering if he can turn LA around. In NY, he had to contend with a mayor that didn't like the Commish getting all the positive press. I fear that here in LA, he'll be dealing with a city council that frequently tries to tell the police department to tone it down in their respective jurisdictions.

Of course, now that LA is the murder capital of the U.S., the council may even more aggressively take that stand as bad press, at least as far as they're concerned is better than no press. Article Here.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I wish Bratton luck. He did a supreme job here that is still being felt and I hope this gang crap is nailed once and for all.

3. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

And I think to myself, what a wonderful world...:cry:

4. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Personally, I'd be all in favor of letting these gangs kill each other til the cows come home...it's just that they have a tendancy to get innocent people in the middle of it. Way too much collateral damage in their style of gang warfare.