1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100,000 Nude March in SF

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Jan 7, 2003.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I would have posted this in Rick's Place if this was a joke, but it certainly is it.

Bob, not only does your timing suck but so did your geographical location for the vacation. Think of the fun you would have had here, especially with the same flow of political minds!

A group of Marin County women plan to march naked through San Francisco on Jan. 18 to protest the possibility of war with Iraq," the Associated Press reports from San Rafael, Calif., the county seat:

2. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

LOL...

I wonder how many of these people we would actually want to see naked. ;)

Sorry....couldn't resist

3. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

We know where Coot and Stephen will be on January 18... reporting from the "front"...

4. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I read this aloud to my son and he said "I will salute that."

5. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

If your going to San Fransisco,
    Be sure to wear a flower in your hair.

6. fritzmp

fritzmp Fire Fire For Effect

It will be like a going to a biker party. 50 year + old women from the Haight-Ashburry days who had flowers tattooed on their breasts that now look like long stem roses. Ugggg.

The Hookers Ball is a better event.

7. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Curiously, I was going to stage out of Los Angeles for my trips to Beijing and HK, but I daresay that I'll put that roundtrip tocket to SF I've been holding onto since July to good use.

Let's see...digital camera...check. Video camera...check. Battery belt...check....

SM

8. Sierra Mike

If I had hair, I would consider it. I'll have to settle for wearing a loud luau shirt.

SM

9. Twingo

Twingo Registered User

This has girls gone wild potential ;) lol ... I can just see it now ... girls get neked for peace and then go wild video hitting the stores. Weee :happy: :happy:

I mean sure they'll get allot of attention but I mean, it isn't going to change anything, except keep the black box guy at the news station busy for a few hours.

10. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

So what is this 'statement' supposed to accomplish? A tryout for political theater of the absurd? It may make the participants feel good (depending on the weather) but as a practical matter does nothing. What constitutional rights have been stripped away? These people need to get a grip on what is in the Constitution (how many of them have read it-much less understand what they read) before they start talking about rights being removed. There are other rights in jeopardy, waging war is not one of them. These people seem to be the type that never let facts get in the way of their opinion.

11. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Is it fair that cold weather highlights a woman's nude features and hides a man's?

12. fritzmp

fritzmp Fire Fire For Effect

Resorting to obscure and anti-acceptable social behavior is a sign of weakness in ones beliefs.

Grow up.

This behavior most likely didn't work with the parents either.

13. Sierra Mike

LOL!!!!!

SM

14. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

Whose constitutional rights are being stripped away? I don't understand that comment at all!

15. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Don't think what mike said was equal to the above, Rred. I he was saying that Constitutional rights are NOT being taken away.

16. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Not me, not those Berkeley women and the copious amounts of body hair involved in their 'natural' state ;)

17. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

LOL!! :haha:

18. Allene

Allene Registered User

It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too cold to run around naked in San Francisco. I was there in January once and had to wear my winter coat. They should do it in San Diego instead.

Allene

19. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "One hundred thousand women and men will strip on Jan. 18 in Washington D.C. and San Francisco for the huge national peace march in protest of the stripping of constitutional rights by a government intent on war," said Donna Sheehan, founder of Unreasonable Women Baring Witness in Point Reyes Station.
    "Our message to women all over the world is be bold, be courageous, be vulnerable for peace."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was referring to the quote above where they talk about 'the stripping of constitutional rights by a government intent on war'.

What are they talking about? Their right to wage war? The government's? They are interested in theater only and not making any logical contribution to a debate. That was the intent of my post. Sorry if I was not clear enough.

20. yazdzik

yazdzik Veteran Member

I have very rarely made reasonable argument without habiliment.
    -M