1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.11 speculation....

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

1.11 Tomorrow

Not that much about 1.11. will affect the squirrels currently save a few enhancements, (Keyrings ftw lol roflcoaster *cough* *wheeze* *hairball*)

But....Testing is done and, Hmm.....

Edit>>

Link below to post about patch tomorrow.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Odd message. I mean I've read that AD is going to be a good rep to have but, why the rush?

3. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You know the gamer mentality..

"SERVER FIRST!! Phear my E-Peen!"

You know there's gonna be a mad rush for the first guild to pwn Naxx...
    The higher rep you have, the cheaper it is to get attuned. Exalted AD rep= free I think?

Sadly, that's the one thing anyone over lvl 59 will really even care about with the new patch, even though there's a few nice goodies in it for everyone.

Just glad they didn't go the same route again as with the gates and allow one person to hold power over an entire server with that whole hammer abortion thingie.

We'll see how well our "new hardware" holds up with the serverwide scourge invasion too.
    IIRC, we crashed pretty hard when the gates opened and the roach motels let everyone loose.

4. ethics

Oh dude, you KNOW it will crash all over the place? Especially CC.

5. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Yep. Here's the skinny on Naxxramus attunement:

1) At Honored with Argent Dawn, you have to turn the following materials :

* 60 Gold
    * 1 Righteous Orb
    * 2 Nexus Crystals
    * 5 Arcane Crystals

2) At Revered with Argent Dawn, you have to give the following materials:

* 30 Gold
    * 2 Arcane Crystal
    * 1 Nexus Crystals

3) At Exalted with Argent Dawn, the Naxxramas Attunement is FREE.

Also, there will be frost resistance gear (certain Naxx bosses are frosties) attainable via a combination of mat turn-ins plus AD rep:

http://www.blizzplanet.com/content/558/

Brian

6. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

7. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It's "official"

Let the lamentations begin.. :lol:

8. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Anyone (like me) who turned off that piece of shit peer-to-peer thing they had to download the patch due to it wanting to "verify" the file every time you started the game..

There is a NEW version of the patch out.. and it's 151 MB.

I'm currently choking at 85%

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

9. ethics

Heh, Andy is in the rush because he thinks the servers will be up on time or something.

10. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Actually... I gotta go in to work early today for a luncheon, I just wanted to make sure I got it downloaded beforehand and watch all the forums asplode tonight before I get home with all the problems..

I remembered one other good thing outta this..

I already get a free respec for my Mage. :rofl: (a whole whopping 6 points)

yay... 88%

11. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

Here is something I have never read before in the patch notes and will be kinda cool!

12. ethics

Yes cool... until someone does it in the middle of an instance. ;)

13. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Wow, I wonder if that can be done while still inside?

Nah, imagimne the crys of "'Sploits!" if you were able to work your way into an instance take down the end boss, reset it, take him down again, (rinse repeat if you are a farmer) and then work your way back out clearing again.

This has only got to work from the outside so as to save having to disband to reset.

14. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

possibly it bounces you back to the beginning of the instance. Will be cool to see how it works.

15. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

It says, second bullet point... you are not currently in an instance.

I just wonder if this will allow you to do something like kill Onyxia over and over. Talk about gearing up a complete raid in a hurry...

16. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Wow, just remembered something else..

Ratchet flight point. (among bout a dozen others)

As long as you have the Azshara FP, you can now get from Auberdine to ratchet w/o having to run through crossroads.

Cenarion Hold gets about 3-4 new connections too.

17. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Oh, and in case you don't know.. the Peer to peer thing sucks sweaty monkeyballs.

I've been stuck at 95% for almost an hour now.

The connection log included shows that direct connections are at ZERO.

It will only download from other peer to peer right now.. And apparently nobody has the last 5% seeded.

18. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

OMG ratchet and crater fp's!!! Some really kick ass item available at light's hope chappel and an inn!!! OMG :drool:

19. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Some guy mirrored the patch on his download site. I think his site requires registration, but he usually relaxes that requirement for WoW patches (he frequents the WoW forum at BBR). I can't confirm this from work, but here's the direct link:

http://www.247xtreme.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=659

Brian

20. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

I just got the whole thing fine through the downloader and be sure to read the end and what the patch does. It's really exciting!!!

Dreamweave circlet now superior quality item too!