1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

مدحت مرسي السيـد عمر is DEAD!

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Jul 28, 2008.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Yah, same asswipe who we thought we got back in Jan, 2006.

Confirmed dead now.

2. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

wasn't too good, was he? :rofl:
  3. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

Wasn't he? That fucker is directly responsible for us having to remove our shoes and for the even more onerous restriction on liquids taken aboard.

Who won, really?
  4. ethics

Taking off shoes and not bringing liquids aboard. Vs.... Being blown up to smithereens. Oh I don't know. ;)
  5. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

I do know, and you should too. Those restrictions only apply to the U.S. Any incoming flight could be full of shoe-bomb, shampoo-molotov-cocktail-bearing terrorists. The whole thing is a sham, Leon, and if you think it's made us more secure, well.....
  6. ethics

I'm not saying I like it. I'm not saying we are more secure. I'm saying the dead dipshit didn't win.

Btw any in bound flight to US has the application of these rules. I even commented how my wife was pleading to be let on with baby mill on Air Austria.
  7. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

That's a good catch I didn't think anyone would get ;) The fluids restriction applies to most (but not all) foreign carriers. The shoe removal is unique to the U.S. My point is, of course, that the security meaures are not uniformly applied around the world and, worse, aren't even all that effective in the U.S.

The end result is huge amounts of inconvenience to all air travellers and borderline civil rights violations to those who either end up on the "no fly" list or who just have nipple rings. 'Cause, you know, lots of Islamist terrorists have nipple rings and prostheses.
  8. ethics

I don't disagree.
  9. John R. Beanham

John R. Beanham Typical Aussie Male

I have had to remove my shoes in Australia, and had them checked by a 'sniffer' devise etc.

And fluids are a no-no too.

10. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

I really don't think the intent was that they inconvenience a bunch of people by making it so they have to take their shoes off. So, no. He wasn't too good.
    As for who won? Obviously not him or his students. He's dead, the rest are in jail.
  11. ethics

I also feel that just because this bastard was the first to think of the idea, it would have been eventually tried by others. So the shoe/liquid issue would have surfaced somewhere else.
  12. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Is it just me, or has there been a general "so what?" feeling about the guy finally getting the ax? I haven't read much about it from the MSM...

13. ethics

Yes. Probably because some douche takes his place.

Still, I find this huge.